KALE, AVOCADO, TANGERINE, AND SESAME SALAD
- 3 heaping cups clean and well-chopped kale
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 3 heaping cups clean and well-chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 tangerines, peeled and divided into segments
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- Place kale in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Massage the oil and salt into the kale.
- Add the romaine, tangerines, and avocado the the bowl.
- Sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, and pepper. Place the lid on the jar and shake vigorously until emulsified. If you don’t have a jar, whisk the ingredients together in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the greens, oranges, and avocados. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and enjoy!